Sunday, October 25, 2015

25

A rare Iron Maiden song, originaly intended as a piss take of their manager Rod Smallwoods move to Los Angeles





Lyrics
Life in a city living in L.A. - Is a long way from Huddersfield town - The back of the Rainbow's a long way from heaven
But that's where he get's his pork pie - Limos and ladies they're driving him queasy - Rugby and cricket's unknown
Baseball and football they're making him lazy - Your fan club says "Rodney come home"

(chorus)
The Sheriff of Huddersfield locked in his castle - Look down on Hollywood Hills - The Sheriff of Huddersfield locked in his castle - You're our own Hot Rod on wheels

A good game of arrows a few dozen barrels - The Nautilus rusts in the yard - But for Yorkshire he's yearning but because he's earning - He'll always live in L.A. - A custom made wallet that stays in his pocket - And never comes out to pay bills - He's winning at poker and playing the Joker - And he always cheats when he deals

(repeat chorus)

(Rodney's rap)
Hello, let me introduce meself! - My name is Rodney. I'm immensely strong. - When I were a lad, I could lift up five - navies on an end of a shovel. - The reason I never took martial arts because - I was immensely fearsome and - I'd probably kill everybody - I came into contact with it. - I was phenomenally strong. - Pride and ego, my lads, pride and ego, - is what makes the world rotate. - And everybody knows the centre of the universe is Huddersfield - but I don't live there anymore. - I live in Los Angeles. - It's great!... I think

Rufus the red has a crane by his bed - To wrench himself up in the morn' - But if you dare to tread at the foot of his bed - You'll wish you'd never been born. - A bear with a sore head we mean your forehead - He slumbers for most of the day - Wide eyed and legless baked beans for breakfast - Your problem Rodney L.A.


No comments:

Post a Comment